Jackie McLean Sextet - Tune Up
Tracklist Hide Credits
Jackie McLean -- Fat Jazz (Jubilee JLP 1093) A1 Filide'
Composed By – Jackie McLean, Ray Draper
7:21 A2 Millie's Pad
Composed By – Webster Young
8:52 B1 Two Sons
Composed By – Ray Draper
7:17 B2 What Good Am I Without You
Composed By – Don Rodney, Sammy Gallop
7:55 B3 Tune Up
Composed By – Miles Davis
5:31 The Jackie McLean Quintet -- The New Tradition, Vol. I (Ad Lib AD 6601) C1 It's You Or No One
Composed By – Jule Styne And Sammy Cahn
6:44 C2 Blue Doll
Composed By – Jackie McLean
6:56 C3 Little Melonae
Composed By – Jackie McLean
6:22 D1 The Way You Look Tonight
Composed By – Dorothy Fields, Jerome Kern
6:22 D2 Mood Malody
Composed By – Mal Waldron
6:44 D3 Lover Man
Composed By – Jimmy Davis, James Sherman*, Roger Ramirez
- Alto Saxophone – Jackie McLean (tracks: A1-B3, C1-D3)
- Art Direction – Horace Fernandez
- Bass – Doug Watkins (tracks: C1-D3), George Tucker (tracks: A1-B3)
- Cornet – Webster Young (tracks: A1-B3)
- Drums – Larry Ritchie (tracks: A1-B3), Ronald Tucker (tracks: C1-D3)
- Piano – Gil Coggins (tracks: A1-B3), Mal Waldron (tracks: C1-D3)
- Supervised By – Fred Bailin
- Trumpet – Donald Byrd (tracks: C1-D2)
- Tuba – Ray Draper (tracks: A1-B3)
Notes"Electronically Re-Recorded To Simulate Stereo" (gatefold jacket, inside left)
"D. J. Copy / Not For Resale" (center labels, top)
A1-B3 released as: Jackie McLean -- Fat Jazz (Jubilee JLP 1093), recorded 27 December 1957.
C1-D3 released as: The Jackie McLean Quintet -- The New Tradition, Vol. I (Ad Lib AD 6601), recorded 21 October 1955.
The gatefold jacket's (uncredited) liner notes, for the most part, apply to the 1957 release.
Images submitted: gatefold jacket: front, rear, inside left, inside right ; track info sides 1 and 2 [A1-B3] ; sides 3 and 4 [C1-D3] ; excerpt from liner notes about A1-B3 performers and tunes ; center labels.
D3 'Lover Man' mis-credited on jacket and center-label to [Kurt] Weill - [Maxwell] Anderson. 'Lover Man' (complete title: Lover Man (Oh, Where Can You Be?), was written by Jimmy Davis, Roger Ramirez, and James Sherman.
Donald Byrd, trumpet, does not perform on D3.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 Center Label, printed): RE 129-1 (RSD-620A)
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 Center Label, printed): RE 129-1 (RSD-620-B)
- Matrix / Runout (Side 3 center label, printed): RE 129-2 (RSD-620-C)
- Matrix / Runout (Side 4 center label, printed): RE 129-2 (RSD-620-D)
Category Artist Title (Format) Label Category Country Year RE-129 Jackie McLean Sextet Tune Up (2xLP, Comp, Gat) Roulette RE-129 US 1976 RE-19 S Jackie McLean Sextet Tune Up (2xLP, Comp) Roulette RE-19 S Spain 1979 RE-19 S Jackie McLean Sextet Tune Up (2xLP, Comp) Roulette RE-19 S Spain 1979
Related to Jackie McLean Sextet - Tune Up: